Top 5. Top 5. Top 5.
Since moving to D.C. and eating at Busboys and Poets, my life has changed for the better. This food will make you dance, call your mom, and stay there until they turn off the lights on you. Let’s talk about 5 reasons why you NEED to go!
- The food here is appetizing! I love the variety of dishes they provide. From nachos to paninis to pastas, they cater to every crowd. I have not found a dish that does not go crazy yet. I must say that the shrimp & chicken chorizo pasta sits on my mind often!
- VEGAN FRIENDLY! To my friends who are vegan, Busboys and Poets has some the best vegan comfort food you will try. A snippet of their vegan options consist of nachos, Korean barbecue “beef” sandwich, and mac n’ cheese!
- The ambiance of their restaurants is always smooth! As you walk in, you will immediately feel like you’re a part of a community. Busboys and Poets is filled with great books, soulful music, and cozy seating. You may not know who works there at first, but all of the employees are kind and vibrant.
- The uniqueness of Busboys and Poets sets it apart from most restaurants. You could walk in and buy Becoming by Michelle Obama, chow down on shrimp and grits, and perform a free verse poem all before you leave. Their culture is what makes them.
- Busboys and Poets stands up for the community as well. They bring together racial and cultural connections through up providing a space for everyone to come together. They believe that building a community around shared dialogues over food and drinks creates meaningful and lasting relationships.