The country has been going crazy for the past 3 weeks trying to obtain a Popeyes’ chicken sandwich after social media exploded. After Popeyes created beef between themselves and Chick-Fil-A on social media, people obviously have to get their hands on the sandwich immediately to see for themselves! So, it is only right that we can compare Popeyes to the King of Chicken Sandwiches, aka Chick-Fil-A. Lets dig in!
I have some necessary categories for us to look at before I make my final decision.
- Chicken Filet
- Popeyes: The spicy filet was FIRE. The filet was juicy and breaded impeccably. With every bite, I had to look at the sandwich because I was falling in love.
- Chick-Fil-A: Their filets are consistent. I always know what I am getting when I go here. A nice size filet that is breaded lighter than Popeyes but gets the taste buds excited every time.
- Popeyes: As I was eating the spicy sandwich, I deeply appreciated the spicy mayonnaise that showed up to the party. The balance between filet and sauce was great! However, other Popeyes’ sauces also made the sandwich great to dip in. I recommend the blackened ranch or sweet heat.
- Chick-Fil-A: If I have to tell you how good Chick-Fil-A’s sauces are, then this article is not for you. But seriously, I enjoy the variety of sauces they provide since they are all great. You can freak the sandwich by spreading the sauce on the bun or dipping the sandwich.
- Popeyes: I can not stress this enough, but that pickle on the spicy sandwich was better than any pickle you have been served. I am not a big pickle fan, however that pickle paired with the sandwich PERFECTLY. It had a nice crunch and complimented the sauce too!
- Chick-Fil-A: Their pickles are decent. They are not crispy and juicy but do add an extra layer of flavor. They aren’t something to rave about, therefore I must say they could take notes from Popeyes on this one.
IN THE END: Popeyes definitely presented an adrenaline rush for me after all the hype. The sandwich was absolutely delicious. It was a bit more heavy than the Chick-Fil-A sandwich though. The Chick-Fil-A sandwich is like wife material. It is consistent and proven itself to you over time. The Popeyes’ sandwich was like the person you met at the club. Looks attractive and everything seems perfect, because you just met each other. That sparkle may fade since you have not been on other dates yet. Let me know how you all feel! #CameraEatsFirst